Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Greater New Orleans Inc. (“GNO, Inc.”) has compiled a wide range of information and tools to promote the startup ecosystem in the 10-parish region of Greater New Orleans and is pleased to offer you the opportunity to use our web site startupnola.org. By using this web site and any of its features, you acknowledge and agree that the Web Site is being made available to you for informational purposes only and that the following terms and conditions govern your use of the Web Site.
- Scope of Use – Subscriber is granted no rights in the Web Site except for the restricted right to review public information. You may not copy, modify, alter, or reverse engineer the Web Site for any purpose. You further agree not to submit, transmit, or convey inaccurate or misleading information or damaging content, including, without limitation, viruses, bugs, or other computer programs that have the purpose or effect of disabling, overburdening, damaging, interfering, altering, intercepting, or otherwise impacting or affecting the Web Site or computer systems or other users.
- Technical Difficulties – While GNO, Inc. endeavors to ensure uninterrupted service, there may be times when, for whatever reason, access or use of the Web Site is delayed, impaired or impossible (collectively, “Technical Difficulties”). Should you experience any Technical Difficulties promptly contact GNO, Inc. using the contact information provided below. In no event shall GNO, Inc. be liable to you for any loss of information, blockages or delays affecting data, information, notifications, purchases, deliveries or any other aspect of the Web Site due to Technical Difficulties.
- Waiver of Warranty – Neither GNO, Inc. nor its affiliated, related or subsidiary companies, nor any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors or suppliers, makes any representations or warranties regarding the availability, suitability, reliability, merchantability, non-infringement, capability, usefulness or fitness for any general or particular purpose of the Web Site, or regarding the characteristics of services provided by or through the Web Site, or regarding the timeliness, accuracy or usefulness of information available on the Web Site. The Web Site is provided to you “As Is, Where Is”, without any warranty of any kind, express or implied.
- Disclaimer-GNO, Inc. provides the Web Site as an information resource. GNO, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on the Web Site. GNO, Inc., in providing this service, acts only as a passive conduit of information; it will review the content before posting, but only for facial conformance to normal standards of decency (e.g., no profanity or vulgarity) and is not responsible for content accuracy. In the event any inappropriate posting is brought to GNO, Inc.’s attention, GNO, Inc. will subsequently take all appropriate action.
By using the Web Site, you acknowledge you are solely responsible for your own subsequent or derivative actions stemming from the consumption of information or content perceived on this site. GNO, Inc. disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on the Web Site, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall GNO, Inc. be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of any information submitted or posted on this site.
The Web Site may in the future contain links to other web sites. These links may be provided as a convenience, to facilitate access to information necessary to complete a job search. The link to another website is not to be construed as an endorsement of that site, and GNO, Inc. does not review and is not responsible for the content, accuracy, or representation made by any third-party website.
- Collection and Use of Information – As a general rule, you can visit this Web Site without revealing personal information about yourself or your company (i.e., information that identifies you). However, some parts of our Web Site may be accessible to you only if you register with us and, if you choose to register with us, you may be asked to provide GNO, Inc. with information about you or your company. When you supply information to GNO, Inc. for a specific purpose, we use the information for that purpose. We also may use your information to help us promote economic development, to design or offer specific products or services that we believe will be useful to you, to send you information about GNO, Inc. and our partners, and to manage and upgrade this Web Site. The decision to provide us with information is purely voluntary, and you will be provided with an opportunity to decline to provide information each time we request it.
- Access to Your Information – We will not share your information with unaffiliated third parties without your permission except if required to do so by law or if GNO, Inc. believes that such action is necessary to protect public safety or to protect the employees and property of GNO, Inc. We also may disclose your information to companies and vendors that perform services on our behalf and to unaffiliated companies and vendors as part of our economic development mission. When we disclose your information, it is our policy to provide third parties only with the information they need and to prohibit them from otherwise selling or disclosing the information we provide. GNO, Inc. is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no security feature is fail safe, and GNO, Inc. does not guarantee that the measures taken to protect your information are invulnerable. GNO, Inc. assumes no liability arising from the unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your information.
- Risk of Loss – You assume and accept all liability and/or risk associated with the use of the Web Site. In connection therewith, you will protect, defend, hold harmless and indemnify GNO, Inc. and its directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers, other customers, contractors, vendors, suppliers and invitees, and those of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, from and against any and all demands, claims, actions, costs, expenses (including, without limitation, legal costs and attorney’s fees to enforce rights arising hereunder) and liabilities (individually, “Claim”, collectively, “Claims”) brought or asserted against GNO, Inc. by or on behalf of any person or entity whomsoever, which Claims directly or indirectly relate to your use of the Web Site, by whomsoever incurred, regardless of the extent to which, if at all, a Claim may be attributable, in whole or in part, to the breach of contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal fault of GNO, Inc., for acts or omissions occurring or conditions existing at any time. GNO, Inc. shall not be liable to you for any loss of business, opportunity, revenue or profit; loss of reputation or goodwill; cost of money; or for any punitive, special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in connection with your use of the Web Site, by whomsoever incurred and regardless of cause, including whether attributable, in whole or in part, to the breach of contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal fault of GNO, Inc. in connection with the establishment or operation of the site.
- Copyrights and Trademarks – The Web Site contains content, names, and graphics which are protected by copyright and trademark laws and are the sole property of GNO, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. The use of any protected property without the express written consent of GNO, Inc. is prohibited. No content from this site may be copied, modified, uploaded, or distributed in any form or manner without our prior written consent. Any unauthorized use of content from this site which may violate copyright or trademark laws could result in criminal or civil penalties.
- Dispute Resolution – The use of the Web Site and activities related thereto, are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, excluding any conflicts of laws principles that may call for the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. You also expressly agree, for yourself and for your successors and assigns, to: (i) submission of all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement to litigation, (ii) without a jury, (iii) in a state or federal court located in New Orleans, Louisiana, (iv) waive and not assert in any proceeding that you are not bound to litigate as aforesaid, that you are not subject to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts of New Orleans, Louisiana or that New Orleans, Louisiana is an improper or inconvenient location or forum in which to litigate and (v) the entry of any settlement or judgment arising from such litigation in a court of competent jurisdiction for the purpose of enforcing such settlement or making such award executory in that jurisdiction.
- Revisions – GNO, Inc. revises these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We encourage you to review the Terms and Condition each time you visit our Web Site.
- Notices – All notices to GNO, Inc. shall be directed in writing to the attention of the President & CEO, 1100 Poydras Street, Suite 3475, New Orleans, LA 70163.