May 10, 2022 — The New Orleans Startup Fund has released its 2022 annual report, which highlights the nonprofit evergreen fund’s impact on local businesses and the regional economy.
The Startup Fund is fulfilling its mission to grow companies, create jobs, help people obtain a passive income, and strengthen the regional economy, It speaks volumes that for every dollar we invested, as a whole, our companies raised $60 in follow-on funding.
The annual report showcases the success of the Startup Fund’s portfolio companies, which have:
- Raised $194.5M+ in venture capital
- Created 680+ full time and 122+ part-time jobs
- Generated $60M in revenue in 2021 alone
The report also outlines the Startup Fund’s emphasis on creating an inclusive, socially responsible entrepreneurship ecosystem:
- 45% of companies are minority-owned
- 30% of companies are woman-owned
- 40% of companies have a social impact